JL Audio XD1000/1v2
Mono subwoofer amplifier — 1,000 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms
A kilowatt for your sub
JL Audio’s XD1000/1v2 amp packs a wallop far beyond what you’d expect from something so small. This amp plays bass with true fidelity and impressive impact, without straining your car’s electrical system. A cast alloy heatsink and an advanced cooling system keep this amp at the optimal temperature, eliminating thermal shut-downs so your music keeps going strong without interruption.
The XD1000/1v2 mono amp delivers up to 1000 watts RMS to your subwoofer system, and its low-pass filter features a choice of slopes for better control over the character of your bass. A subsonic filter allows you to tighten up your system’s kick and gets rid of any inaudible, low-frequency information that could detract from your sub’s performance.
“Differential-balanced” inputs keep the signals clear of outside noise and allow you to connect this amp to just about any in-dash stereo, even a factory radio with no preamp outputs. An optional wired remote lets you tweak your bass level from your front seat.
- mono subwoofer amplifier
- 600 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (1000 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms)
- variable low-pass filter (50-500 Hz, 12 or 24dB/octave)
- switchable subsonic filter (30 Hz, 24 dB/oct)
- optional wired remote for level control
- Class D amplifier design with NextD™ switching amp technology
- differential-balanced inputs eliminate noise coming from your vehicle’s electrical system
- Advanced Rollback Protection System prevents thermal shut-down
- speaker- and preamp-level inputs (speaker-level input requires an optional adapter)
- preamp outputs
- auto turn-on via DC offset or signal sensing
- 4-gauge power and ground leads and an 80-amp fuse recommended — wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- no onboard fuses — when installing multiple amps in a system, an additional 80-amp in-line fuse between the distribution block and the amplifier is recommended
- 14-3/4″W x 2″H x 7-1/8″D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 98257
What’s in the box:
- Monoblock Class-D subwoofer amplifier
- 2.5mm Allen wrench
- JL Audio emblem
- Owner’s manual (English/ Spanish/ German/ French)
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||600 x 1|
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||1000 x 1|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||7-500 Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||83 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-500 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 or 24 dB/octave|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||N/A|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||N/A|
|Bass Boost Frequency||N/A|
|Speaker Level Inputs||RCA|
|Preamp Outputs||1 pair|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Specifications: The XD1000/1v2 is rated at 600 watts RMS x 1-channel into 4Ω, 800 watts RMS x 1-channel into 3Ω, and 1,000 watts RMS x 1-channel into 2Ω; all measurements taken at 14.4 volts with no more than 1% THD+N. The Signal to Noise ratio is 83 dB at rated power and 53 dB at 1 watt (both A-weighted).
NexD Class D Technology: NexD is a switching amplifier design that combines exceptional audio quality with excellent efficiency and less complexity. This results in an affordable compact amplifier with exceptional audio quality and total efficiency.
Advanced Rollback Protection: The XD-Series amplifiers employ advanced thermal and low-impedance protection to virtually eliminate annoying amplifier shut-down events. Should any XD-Series amplifier overheat, its intelligent, unregulated power supply reacts by limiting available peak voltage until the amplifier returns to a safe temperature range. Likewise, if an impedance lower than optimal for the amplifier is present at the outputs, the XD amplifier will roll back peak voltage to protect itself without shutting down.
Differential-Balanced Inputs: The amplifier features differential-balanced input architecture to effectively control noise and ensure compatibility with a wide variety of source units, including many OEM systems. Without resorting to line output converters, you can directly connect most OEM source units to the JL Audio amplifier without creating any noise or compatibility issues. Unlike conventional single-ended inputs, the differential-balanced design does not connect one side of the audio signal to chassis ground. This eliminates any voltage sensitivity between one input terminal and ground and greatly reduces the incidence of alternator whine in a typical car audio installation.
Note: You will need a speaker wire to RCA adaptor (136XDCLR2S, sold separately) to connect this amplifier to your headunit’s speaker level outputs.
Protection Circuitry with Status LED: There is a multi-color LED on the top panel to indicate the amplifier’s operating status.
- Flashing Green: the amplifier is powering up and audio output is muted
- Constant Green: the amplifier is turned on and operating normally
- Constant Red: indicates the amplifier has exceeded its safe operating temperature, putting the amplifier into a self-protection mode which reduces the power output; the LED will return to green and the amplifier will resume normal, full-power operation when the heat sink temperature drops back to a safe level
- Constant Amber (Yellow): indicates an over-current condition has occurred, accompanied by muting of the affected amplifier channels (over-current can be caused by speaker impedance lower than recommended or a short-circuit in the speaker wiring)
- LED Off: the only condition that will shut down an undamaged XD1000/1v2 completely is the battery voltage or remote turn-on voltage dropping below 10-volts
Cooling System: The outer shell of the JL Audio amplifier is designed to remove heat from the amplifier circuitry. For optimum cooling performance, this outer shell should be exposed to as large a volume of air as possible. Enclosing the amplifier in a small, poorly ventilated chamber can lead to excessive heat build-up and degraded performance.
Control Panel Cover: The XD1000/1v2 features a Control Panel Security Cover which protects and hides the amplifier’s controls. When installed, the cover ensures that the amplifier’s settings are not accidentally changed, while creating a clean aesthetic look for the amplifier and your installation. The cover is installed at the factory and must be temporarily removed for access to the amplifier’s controls. The security cover is secured by two 2.5mm Allen-head machine screws.
Gain Setting: Using JL Audio’s guided gain set up requires a digital AC voltmeter and a test CD (item number 503CD104, sold separately) with a sine-wave test-tone recorded at 0 dB reference level in the frequency range to be amplified for that set of channels (approximately 50 Hz for subwoofer channels). The gain can also be set by ear with no additional equipment.
Input Voltage: The input voltage range is broken into two sub-ranges:
- Low: typically used with preamp level signals; variable from 200mV to 2V
- High: used with some high output preamps and most speaker level signals; variable from 800mV to 8V
Turn-On Mode: There are three options for turning the amp on, selected using the Turn-On Mode switch:
- Remote: The amp turns on when +12 volts is applied to the remote terminal.
- Offset: The amp turns on when a DC offset is detected on the channel 1 inputs (from a speaker level source).
- Signal: The amp turns on when a full-range audio signal is detected on the channel 1 input (from a speaker level source).
Infrasonic Filter: The infrasonic filter, 24 dB/octave high-pass at 30 Hz, is switchable; on/off.Crossover: The slope and low-pass crossover point are adjustable:
- Mode/Slope: three-position switch:
- Off: the crossover is bypassed; assuming a full range signal is input, the output will be the full range of the amp, which is 7-500 Hz
- 12 dB: the low-pass crossover slope is 12 dB/octave
- 24 dB: the low-pass crossover slope is 24 dB/octave
- Filter Frequency: rotary control; set the crossover point from 50 to 500 Hz
Power/Ground/Turn-On Terminals: The amplifier features screw clamp terminals for the power, ground, and remote turn-on connections.
- Power and Ground: designed to accept 4 AWG wire; a A 2.5mm Allen wrench is supplied for making connections
- Remote Turn-On: designed to accept 18 to 8 AWG wire; the same 2.5mm Allen wrench is used for making the connection
Note: The Amplifier is not equipped with a fuse. An external 80-amp fuse (not included) must be installed on the power wire. If a wiring kit is used which includes a fuse with a value other than 80-amps, the original should be replaced with an 80-amp fuse.
Speaker Output Terminals: The XD1000/1v2 has two pair of subwoofer outputs, internally wired in parallel, making it easy to connect two subwoofers (minimum impedance 4Ω each when using both). The screw clamp terminals will accept 16 to 8 AWG speaker wire. The included 2.5mm Allen wrench is used for making connections.
Preamp Inputs: The amplifier has one pair of differential-balanced stereo RCA jack inputs. In addition to preamp level signals, the RCA inputs are also used with speaker level signals (136XDCLR2S required and sold separately).
Preamp Outputs: The XD1000/1v2 incorporates a pass-through preamp output section so that an additional amplifier can easily be connected to the same signal feeding the input. This preamp output signal is buffered to prevent noise and is always preamp level, regardless of the signal level feeding the input. The preamp output is not affected by the XD1000/1v2’s internal crossover.
Remote Level Control: The amplifier features an RJ-14 telephone jack for adding an optional wired remote level control. With the addition of the optional wired remote (item number 136HDRLC, sold separately), you can control the output level of the amp from the front of your vehicle. If desired, multiple XD amplifiers can be controlled from a single HD-RLC controller using a simple phone line splitter and multiple phone cables (all sold separately).
Note: All inputs and outputs are located on one side of the amplifier to make installation simple and neat.