JL Audio MX280/4
Compact marine/powersports 4-channel amplifier — 50 watts RMS x 4
Power your music on water or land
Few things are more pleasurable than playing music while you’re out tearing it up off road or on the water. JL Audio’s MX280/4 compact 4-channel amplifier can send 50 watts RMS to each of your speakers so you’ll enjoy your music’s clarity and power over all the noise of you having fun. Or, for some real power sports, you could use this amp in bridged 2-channel mode to drive a couple of high-performance speakers with 140 watts RMS each.
The MX280/4 comes equipped to overcome the dangers of weather, dirt, and corrosion, thanks to a tough aluminum chassis and gasketed control and connection covers. And you won’t have to worry about getting caught in the rain — this amp carries a full IPX6 rating against water intrusion, so it’ll play on through a storm. (You can spray it, but you can’t dunk it.)
JL Audio’s NexD™ Class D amp technology delivers full-range power efficiently and with low distortion. You’ll get remarkable sound quality from an amp that fits into the kind of tight spots often found in marine applications. It’s also ideal for your motorcycle, ATV, golf cart, tractor, or any other vehicle using a 12-volt charging system.
Controls for the MX280/4 are on the underside protected by a sealed cover.
- 4-channel amplifier
- 50 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms (70 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms)
- 140 watts RMS x 2 bridged at 4 ohms (4-ohm stable bridged)
- variable low- and high-pass filters (35-300 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- Class D amplifier design with NextD™ switching amp technology
- IPX6 water-resistance rating
- corrosion-resistant cast aluminum chassis
- preamp and speaker-level inputs (speaker wire to RCA adapter required for speaker-level input)
- fuse rating: 35A x 1
- 8-gauge power and ground leads recommended — wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 8-11/16″W x 1-13/16″H x 3-1/8″D
What’s in the box:
- 4-Channel marine amplifier with 12″ power/signal pigtails (with in-line fuse holder and 35A ATO fuse installed)
- Spare 35A ATO fuse
- 4 Self-tapping screws (1″ length)
- Owner’s Manual