About the Alpine CDE-172BT
Great sound in your vehicle
Alpine’s CDE-172BT CD receiver delivers high-quality sound to make your commute or road trip more enjoyable. Built-in Bluetooth comes in handy for hands-free calling and wireless music streaming. You can charge, control, and play music from an Android™ or iPhone® using this receiver’s front USB port. And Alpine includes a versatile 3-band parametric equalizer to keep all your music sounding its best.
Getting the most out of Bluetooth
The CDE-172BT features wireless convenience with built-in Bluetooth. You can make and receive calls from either of two paired phones. Alpine designed the included microphone to reduce noise interference, and you can adjust the gain to ensure your callers hear you loud and clear. And with this receiver’s built-in sound processing, you can get the best sound quality from your streaming music apps or podcasts.
If you’re tired of having that great FM station fade away, you can add an optional SiriusXM tuner to enjoy the unparalleled variety of music, news, sports, and talk programming that follows you wherever you drive. You can also use this Alpine’s controls to choose from your favorite Pandora stations from your smartphone. When you want to use other music apps from your connected iPhone, you can use App Direct mode to control and display information from other apps on this receiver’s display. And if you’re bringing your music with you, you can play MP3, WMA, and FLAC music files from a USB drive.
Customize the sights and sounds
Once your music is playing, you can tweak the sound just how you like it using this receiver’s 3-band parametric equalizer. The CDE-172BT also includes variable color illumination to add the perfect accent to its easy-to-read display. This receiver also provides three sets of high-voltage RCA preamp outputs, so you can add amplifiers. Speaking of amps, you can also directly plug Alpine’s KTP-445A 4-channel amp directly into this receiver for a nice upgrade in power to each of four speakers.
Want to keep your car’s steering wheel audio controls?
In most cars, you’ll need an adapter to retain those controls with this car stereo. Connect a few wires, then program the adapter for your particular car and radio, and you’ll retain the convenience of your steering wheel controls. You’ll see the adapters that work with your vehicle when you add this receiver to your cart.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver’s Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone’s Bluetooth capabilities.
iPod/smartphone note: If you’re going to use your iPod or smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check “Details” for compatibility information.
- CD receiver with AM/FM tuner
- plays USB drives loaded with MP3, WMA, and FLAC music files (See Details tab for model compatibility)
- 1-line high-contrast LCD display with variable color illumination
- Bluetooth hands-free calling and audio streaming
- Pandora Internet radio control with iPhone and Android
- built-in iPod, iPhone, and iPad control (see Details tab for model compatibility)
- built-in Android AOA control and charging of select Android devices using the USB connection
- App Direct mode for iPhone
- Siri Eyes Free Control
- 3-band parametric equalizer
- premium 24-bit digital-to-analog converter (DAC)
- high- and low-pass filters with subwoofer level control
- compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
- inputs: front USB port, front auxiliary input
- outputs: 6-channel preamp outputs (4-volt front, rear, subwoofer)
Other Features and Specs:
- compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- built-in CTA-2006 compliant MOSFET amplifier (18 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
- optional remote control
- warranty: 1 year
- MFR # CDE-172BT
What’s in the box:
- CD receiver (10A fuse)
- Sleeve (installed)
- Trim ring (installed)
- Wiring harness
- Microphone w/ bracket (attached 11.5′ cable terminated by a right-angle mono 3.5mm connector)
- Two-sided tape
- 4 ISO-screws (M5 x 8mm)
- 2 Radio removal tools
- Owner’s Manual